Hi everyone!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the beach, I love tanning, I love sunny days; but, the truth is that doing it often, could cause some serious illness to your skin. Marks and stretch marks seems to dim with a good tan, but instead, you're enhancing them and making them harder to leave your skin. So, I decided to take the advice and start protecting my skin no matter how much I wanted to get sun kissed. That's when I got Jergens natural GLOW moisturizing foam medium to tan skin tones, for about $9.00 at a local Kmart store (I got the medium to tan skin tones one because it was the only option available at that time) Smile :)
picture from www.jergens.com
What the package says:
- No sunless tanner ODOR!
- Gradually creates natural-looking color / You should get results in a week with daily use / Continue to use it daily to maintain your healthy glow.
- Medium to tan skin tones.
- Dries in seconds.
- You'll get gorgeous streak-free color without odor or sticky residue.
- Wash your hands after application.
- This product does not contain sunscreen and does not protect against sun burns / Repeated exposure of unprotected skin while tanning may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn.
What has been my experience with the product:
- I've never tasted other tanner except from this. It wouldn't be correct if I say that this statement its true! But, what can I say is that doesn't smell bad. It has a sweet odor, that reminds me candy caramel, and hair spray at the same time.
- I used this product for an entire week before making this review for you. YES, it creates the color gradually. You're not going to see any color residue the first day. It took me about 3-4 days to have the complete glow on my skin. You can see the difference after several days, or a week. I've been 2 days without using the product, and yes, it gradually fades too.
- I got the medium to tan skin tones because that was the only option available at the time I bought it. Even though I like the results, this is not the appropriate shade for my skin.
- In my experience, it's not a fast drying product. Usually, it took more than a minute to dry completely.
- When you apply the product, and you're waiting for it to dry, it feels super sticky. When it dries completely, you can still feel some areas a little sticky. For me, that's a cons!! Don't like that feeling at all! The streak-free color you get is only if you apply it evenly. Try to reach every area of your desired skin, because if not, you're going to notice the space you missed!
- RUN to wash your hands if you don't want them to look dirty when the product dries. Seriously, run!
- It would be perfect that this product would include SPF, unfortunately, it doesn't! But, they make one version of it that has SPF 20 (link). Even though, they did a great job on advertising their users the damage that sun can cause to skin if you don't use sunscreen!!
Color in pictures has not been edited. Just cropped, and the background. Notice the difference between my legs color (right picture), and my feet. That's why I said you have to make sure to apply it evenly. Try not to miss any space.
- In my experience, it's a good product. My legs are smooth and look healthy. It really gives you a tanned look after several days of use. In addition, I tried this product one day after shaving my legs and it didn't irritate my skin, or cause any itch on it. The 'sticky-ness', and the spots on my hands, are definitely cons! But for the price, you get a moisturizer plus tanning product that would actually give you some good results!
PLEASE take in consideration that not every person would have the same results. This is MY experience with the product, and may be not the same as yours.
Disclaimer: I am not associated with Jergens in ANY way.
Follow me on Twitter @maytessentials. I am really excited to tell you that Nicole Richie is a follower of mine, so lets turn this into a big pretty family! Thanks for your support XO's.